Hello 2D families! I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving with loved ones.
Here are a few quick updates for our week. Please make sure to send your scholar with our upcoming literature book, "Sarah Plain and Tall".
- December 20 - January 4: No School; Winter Break
- January 4 - 9: Parent/Teacher Conferences
A Look in the Classroom
- ELA: We will finish our study of adverbs. Our study of paragraph writing will continue as we focus on strong topic sentences. In connection with our Ancient Greece unit, we will read Daedalus and Icarus and continue to work on summarizing what we read.
- History: Students will learn about the Greek city-state Sparta. We will take time to review in class what we have learned about Ancient Greece so far and have an assessment on Friday.
- Science: We will be focusing on the digestive system. Students will take a close look at each of the 5 steps of digestion.
- Math Objectives:
- Build the multiplication table for 3
- Compute unknown facts from known facts
- Practice multiplication facts for 3
- Practice multiplication facts for 2 and 3
- Solve word problems
- Friday: Spelling Test
- Friday: Ancient Greece Test
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns - Thank you!
Jordan Morga | Second Grade Lead Teacher
Archway Classical Academy | Lincoln |
2250 S. Gilbert Rd. | Chandler, AZ 85286
E: jlaskoski@ArchwayLincoln.org |W: www.archwaylincoln.org