Hello 2D families!
1. September 28th: Half Day
A Look in the Classroom
1. Spalding: We will continue our review of the 70 phonograms and enter our spelling words into our pink notebooks. We will continue to focus on letter formation, baseline and midpoint, and letter sizing. This week we will have 28 spelling words. Here is a great resource to assist your scholar with phonogram sounds: Phonogram Sounds App.
2. ELA: In reading we will be focusing on sequence of events. Our grammar focus is plural nouns
3. History: We will take the assessment for our geography unit on Monday, here is a great resource to help your student study: Oceans and Continents Song. We will dive into our Japan Unit. We will cover an array of wonderful cultural material about Japan's culture starting with where the country is located and finishing with a study of the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.
4. Science: We will continue our investigation on Simple Machines. Students will understand that machines help us do work. Students will explore how screws, wheel and axles, and inclined planes help us in everyday life. Scholars will discover real life examples of all 6 Simple Machines.
5. Math: This week's math objectives: We will begin math / reading groups this Wednesday. Math guide/resources for the group will be sent out to volunteers on Monday -Add more than two numbers (multi-digit) -Solve word problems with correct steps (underline what the question is asking and key phrases, draw a number bond/picture, equation, answer sentence) -Subtract ones or tens from a 3-digit number using mental math strategies -Rename tens to subtract within 1,000 -Subtract ones or tens from a 3- digit number using mental math strategies -Rename hundreds to subtract within 1,000
1. Monday: Geography Test
2. Friday: Spelling Test
Please do reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Morga & Mrs. Farias