1. Our final project of the year, our Insect Report, is quickly approaching. We will be sending the instructions out next Friday, but wanted to be sure we put it on your radar. This will be a research project that has a similar format to the Simple Machines project.
2. Official chaperones for the field trip will be announced on Friday, April 4th.
3. Pre-order your DVD of the Spring Concert! DVDs will be available for purchase 1 for $20 or 2 for $35. A portion of the proceeds will be donated back to our school. There will be a table in the lobby of the concert to order it as well. http://store.estheticsinmotion.com
4. If you haven’t already, please click here and give to Archway Lincoln’s Tax Credit Drive today! Tax Credit contributions support our extra-curricular and athletic programs, field trips, clubs, and character-building programs. The Arizona Public School Tax Credit allows Arizona taxpayers to contribute to the public school of their choice and receive a dollar-for-dollar credit on their state taxes. Married couples may contribute up to $400 and single filers may contribute up to $200 and receive the full credit when they file their AZ state taxes. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Meghan Murphy, Academy Giving Manager, at (480)222-1507. Thank you!
5. Please refer to class blog for further information regarding the Spring Concert, our scholars are working so hard, we can't wait to see you there!
A Look in the Classroom
1. ELA: In Writing class we will continue our study of persuasive essays. We will parse sentences with pronouns. We will also be taking a close look at alphabetical order in preparation of our dictionary study.
2. History: We will spend some time reviewing our Civil War unit in class. We will send the study guide home on Tuesday and have the test on Friday.
3. Science: We are studying the parts of plant, plant life cycle, and parts of a seed. We will also keep a close eye on our eggs and tadpoles!
4. Math: This week we will be continuing our fractions unit. We will compare and order fractions as well as make a whole out with two or more fractions with the same denominator. At the end of the week we will be reviewing.
1. Friday: History Test; Civil War and Spelling Test