1. Saturday, Feb. 9th: Father-Daughter Dance
2. Tuesday, Feb. 12th: Class Pictures
3. Thursday, Feb. 14th: Great Hearts Day
4. Wednesday, Feb. 27th: Little House in the Big Woods Coffee Talk (all reading and math groups are cancelled this day to make time for the coffee talk)
A Look in the Classroom
1. ELA: We will continue working on personal narratives in Writing class; Grammar will consist of more verb tense review. Bed in Summer is our new poem, recitation will be on March 1st. For Tall Tales, we will further our discussion about Johnny Appleseed.
2. History: With our War of 1812 unit behind us we will begin to learn about Westward Expansion! We will begin learning about settling the west with lessons about Daniel Boone and The Oregon Trail.
3. Science: Students will review states of matter in preparation for our water cycle unit.
4. Math Objectives:
1. 4 x ___ and ___x 4
2. Build the multiplication table for 4
3. Use related facts for find unknown facts
4. Solve word problems involving multiplication
5. Relate division by 4 to multiplication by 4
Please do let us know if there is anything we can help with. Enjoy your weekend!
Mrs. Morga & Mrs. Farias